Monday, June 7, 2010

Email Sent to all Students

Hello Class,

If you have received this email it is because you have either enrolled in Comm 105P, or because you have been given an add code to the course. Allow me to extend an official welcome to Comm 105P!

Desire2Learn is the learning system SJSU uses for online applications. This being an online only course, you will use Desire2Learn for a number of things (i.e. Quizzes, Course Materials, and Grades). We will use external blogs for our weekly discussion (see the "Getting Started" page I have attached here, and the "How to create a blog" page), rather than Desire2Learn. I have found over the last few years that students really like using blogs for discussions rather than a learning system. Once you review the Getting Started Page, please email me the appropriate information requested. Once you have done that, you should see a link to your blog appear on the right hand side of my blog.

If you haven't already, you can find your Desire2Learn user name and password by going to this page: http://www.sjsu.edu/ecampus/students/D2L_students/index.htm

Once you have your log on name and password, you can log on here: https://sjsu.desire2learn.com/
(please bookmark this page, as you will be using it often).

I just spoke with the folks at SJSU's ecampus. Apparently they are having issues loading students into the D2L database. If you do not have access to Desire2Learn, please don't worry. Ecampus is doing everything they can in order to get students loaded so they have access to their online classes. What I have attached to this email should get you started in the class.

Please bookmark the class blog: http://comm105summer2010.blogspot.com/

This is how I will generally keep in touch with students. I will post messages sporadically throughout the week, so make sure to check my blog everyday so you do not miss important updates about the class. It is your responsibility to check my blog everyday, and the email address you have provided me with.

If there are ever any questions about this class, please do not hesitate to email me at the class email address: comm105summer2010@gmail.com During the course of this summer session, I will reply more quickly to emails at this address than at my sjsu.edu email address.

Welcome to Comm 105P!
:)
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment