Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week of July 25th - July 31th

Listed below is a summary of what's listed on the Participation and Schedule Pages on D2L for this week:

***Read Chapter 13 - Methods of Discovery

***There is a Quiz this week on Chapters 11 & 13. Please go to D2L to take the quiz.

***Revise Journal this week: As a reminder, all journal entries will be turned in on Thursday, July 29th by 11:59pm. Go ahead and submit the journal early if you'd like. Please do not worry about attaching a title page to each journal entry, but include the required information such as the date/time/duration/location, etc.... at the top of each journal entry. Be sure to submit the journal in 1 document only, not 5 separate documents.

Discussion: Answer one in each of your three posts, at least 12 hours apart:

1). Which of the research methods listed in Table 13.3 seem the most interesting? Assume you want to study some aspect of deception. Frame a research question. Which method would you choose to answer the question. Why?

2). What are some of the moral dilemmas that face ethnographers? How would you resolve them?

3). Pick one concept from Chapter 13 that you found useful or interesting and discuss it.

***Remember to post 3 comments to your colleagues blogs this week. As a reminder, the comments must be about the discussion this week. Posting on a past discussion will NOT count for credit.


***REMINDER*** I will be out of town starting on Friday, July 30th and will return on August 6th. However, I will be checking my email on and off throughout my travels, given that I will be in an area where there is spotty internet access at best, meaning I may not have reliable internet access everyday. I will try to check my email as often as possible, but I my response time may be delayed a bit this week. I will resume having consistent internet access as of August 6th in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment