Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week of August 1st - August 7th

Listed below is a summary of what's listed on the Participation and Schedule Pages on D2L for this week:

***Review Chapter 2 (We are coming back to Chapter 2 because it was not focused on at the start of the semester)

Discussion: Answer one in each of your three posts, at least 12 hours apart:

1). Consider the social constructionist perspective. How do we "build worlds" through communication? Think of some ideas we talk about in our culture that may not exist in other cultures. How do these concepts contribute to our happiness or success (or the lack of these) in our culture?

2). Consider the pragmatic perspective. Does it make sense to think of communication as a patterned interaction? How is communication like a game? How is it different from a game?

3). Pick one concept from Chapter 2 that you found useful or interesting and discuss it.

***Remember to post 3 comments to your colleagues blogs this week. As a reminder, the comments must be about the discussion this week. Posting on a past discussion will NOT count for credit.


***REMINDER*** I will not be holding office hours this week due to being out of town. However, I will be checking my email on and off all week given that I will be in an area where there is spotty internet access at best, meaning I may not have reliable internet access everyday. I will try to check my email as often as possible, but I my response time may be delayed a bit this week. I will resume having consistent internet access as of August 6th in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment